Simple DIY treehouses
Treehouse Guides produces practical and simple plans to help you build your own treehouse, even if you don't have any previous experience. These treehouse plans are much more than blueprints, covering the individual steps for every part of the structure, along with cutting lists for each section.
- Each treehouse plan has a full materials list, designed to use readily available materials with minimal waste.
- No special tools are required and you don't need any previous building experience.
- Major components of the treehouse are assembled at ground level for safety and easier weather protection.
- Supports are lifted into position and bolted to the tree.
- Pre-assembled treehouse parts are raised into the tree and fixed together to form the finished treehouse.
A 50 square foot treehouse with window seats and covered balcony. The plans cover every step in detail over 39 pages, allowing the treehouse to be built in around 14 days. The floor is an 8'x8' square to make best use of full size plywood sheets and the tree trunk passes through the middle of the structure as a unique feature.
The treehouse can be built in a single tree, or on posts if you have no suitable trees—free plans for this option are included when you order this guide.
Can be built freestanding on posts with the included free plans.
The tree trunk passes through the deck and is visible through a window from inside the treehouse. This plan features a built-in writing desk with window.
The two tree method includes plans for a sliding joint to allow the trees to move without restriction from the treehouse supports. This treehouse is scaled to a size suitable for younger children.
A freestanding fort, ideal as a kid's playhouse. Very easy to construct and a great introduction to treehouse building for areas which have no suitable trees.
An open fort designed for young and old alike. The plans are split into sections covering each stage and includes material lists, diagrams and 3D views. Fits in a single tree.
Slightly smaller than the Outpost design, this tree deck uses a simpler design to make construction easy and quick, with enough deck space for two chairs.
In association with The Treehouse Guide
Free reference for advice about DIY treehouse planning, design and construction.