Terrazza tree deck
This deck is built in a single tree, which makes site choice simple and construction easy. It is a space suited for children and adults alike, and has room for two chairs, railings for safety and a wide handrail. Almost all of the structure can be built on the ground and raised into the tree in sections, making assembly easier and safer.
- For one tree between 1' and 2' diameter at floor level
- 30sqft floor space
- Tree-friendly design
- Wooden ladder for access
- Swing suspended underneath deck
- Open layout allows your own additions
- 19 pages with 22 diagrams take you through every step of the build
- Full material lists
- Includes marginless version for ereaders
- 28 day satisfaction guarantee
- Help is available by e-mail
This guide requires a single, healthy tree with a diameter between 1' and 2'. The trunk must be within 5° of vertical. The supports will need an area of cleared space 6' below floor level and branches above floor level may need to be trimmed to make space for the deck.
The tree is treated with respect throughout the building process. Only the necessary supports are bolted to the tree - the deck then rests entirely on these supports. Bolts are precisely placed for strength, safety and to reduce restriction to the growth of the tree. This ensures that the tree will remain healthy.